Monday, July 21, 2008


April 14, 2008-first ultrasound. Will we see a heartbeat???? I could hardly sleep the night before, hoping and praying that my little one would be snuggled into my uterus nice and tight with a strong beating heart. Something must be going right, because I've been EXHAUSTED and lets just say ther has been some random vomitting. Ewwww.
Around 2pm on Monday (4-14-08) we had our first ultrasound. Rod and I were gripping our hands tightly as we watched the screen. Did I just see the gestational sac? Wait a minute...did I just see TWO gestational sacs? Nah, I must not know what I'm looking at. Just then the doctor tells us we have two gestational sacs, and two babies with two strong beating hearts!!!! OMG! IT'S TWINS! It was like someone had knocked the air out of me for about 10 seconds. Then the only words I could mutter (through the tears and gasping for air) were "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" I don't think Rod took his eyes off the screen the entire time we were in that room. He had the biggest grin on his face, and was just beaming with pride!!! WOW! We're having TWINS! Are you SERIOUS????

No comments: