Monday, December 15, 2008

Immunizations and total confusion

We had a check up today at the pediatricians office. All is well with the boys, and they have gained a whole pound in the last 2 weeks! Myles has a little irritation on his face, which could be because mom has been wiping his little sensitive face with baby wipes. *bashing head against wall.*

Immunizations-I hate that word because it means all kinds of confusing and controversial things to me. There is so much info out there, it's hard to sift through it and figure it all out. And as a first time mom, I want to make the best decision for my boys. Just like any other mother, all I want is for them to be safe and healthy. Luckily, my doc's office is being very patient with me as I agonize over how to handle this. At this point, I'm sticking with a delayed scheduled similar to the one Dr. Sears outlines in his book. The pediatrician's are clearly frustrated with me, but I continue to remind them that I (just like them), ultimately want my boys vaccinated, just on a little different schedule. At this point, I'm sticking to my guns. They are exclusively getting breast milk and they are not in daycare, so that's a plus. So today they got one shot, and I was sent home to "google" a new 5 in 1 vaccine called pentacil, and told to come back in one week with a decision. At this point, I'm not comfortable with it, and I'm doubting I'll change my mind. Off to do some more research.

No comments: