Friday, July 25, 2008

Feet in my lungs

On 7-24-08 we had our level II ultrasound with Maternal Fetal Medecine. The boys weigh almost a pound each, and they were wiggling around all over in there. According to the tech, they both have plenty of amniotic fluid around them, and strong beating hearts. I found out why I have a hard time breathing at times, and it's because there is a little baby bum and 4 tiny feet fighting with my lungs for space. They weren't exactly cooperative, so we have to go back in 4 weeks for an additional scan of their anatomy. They are both face down, and refused to flip over for us. OH, and evidently my cervix should be measuring between 3-5 cm, but mine was between 2.8-2.9. The doc says it's not a reason to panic (yeah right). If you know me at all, you know the first thing I did was panic, and google everything there is to know about the length of your cervix while pregnant. After a couple hours of reading, I was in a frenzy and decided to call my doc. Of course she told me (once again), not to panic, but agreed for me to come in on Monday to check my cervix again. I have to make sure everything is perfect in there for the boys, right? Better safe then sorry. :)

No comments: