Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We have some movers and shakers!

I forgot to add when I first felt the babies. It was (magically) on my 30th birthday. I was working, and at a "discharge party" for a child on my case load who was turning 18 years old and being discharged (happily) from the residential facility in which he had been a prisoner to for the past 6+ months. I was sitting with he and his dad at the front of the room, in front of about 40 other residents and staff members. It was a very proud moment for this kid. He was giving words of advice to the other residents about staying in school, following the rules, etc. when all of a sudden I felt the WEIRDEST sensation in my stomach. It took me back for a second until I realized what it was. When I figured out it was the babies, I had to somehow prevent myself from interrupting the kid, and shouting out to the room full of people that my babies had just wished me happy birthday!!! I literally had to fight back tears (of joy of course). I kept myself composed until it was over, got in the car, and sat waiting and hoping they would move again so I could enjoy it without freaking out this time. Unfortunately, they must have used up all of their energy. :(

After that their movements were kind of sporadic. Now at 23 weeks, I feel them every day (and have for the past couple of weeks). Yesterday it felt like somebody was really trying to get my attention. I pulled my shirt up to see if I could see the movements from the outside, but no such luck. Luckily no co-workers walked by my cubicle, or they would have gotten an eye full of belly. Maybe it's because of all of my extra layers of "fluff?" It sure felt strong, and made me stop in my tracks. It's still hard to wrap my head around the fact that there are 2 tiny humans growing in my belly.

Rod seems to skip over their baby years in his head, and head straight to their older years. He has visions of all of us traveling to MLB and NFL games (GO SEAHAWKS)! He talks about teaching them how to play basketball, and what techniques he wants to share with them. Something about adding some contraption to the basketball goal to make it more difficult and ultimately improve their shot or something along those lines. He's going to be such a good dad. I might need Poppi's help in teaching Rod the rules of soccer. Somehow, we've got to get him interested because he's not all that enthusiastic about it at this point. We have time to work on him. ;)

No comments: