Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The dreaded bed rest

Today while at work, I started to feel what I thought might be contractions. Not painful, just a lot of tightening in my belly. I was hesitant to call the doctor, because I thought it could just be Braxton Hicks or maybe the babies moving around a lot. Luckily, I went with my instincts, and called the doc. They had me go to labor and delivery to be monitored for contractions. Turns out, they were contractions and they started to get a little worse as I was at the hospital. They gave me some IV fluids and a shot of terbutaline (sp?), and it seemed to do the trick. My cervix was closed, but is starting to soften. Unfortunately, I was put on bed rest until they can re-check me on Monday. I'll do WHATEVER it takes to keep these boys cooking as long as possible. Please keep your fingers crossed that they don't try to make an appearance too early. Looks like the baby shower may be moved to our house this weekend so I can participate via my couch.

No comments: